Friday, January 16, 2009

Atlas Shrugged, The Cliff's Notes Version

Whether you are a fan of Ayn Rand (I remain one of the spirit, if not the intellectual rigour, of her work) or not (commies), this is a hilarious short version of the story, written in an over-the-top Randian style:

"Yes Dagny, you silly silly woman, I may seem a slacker to you, but after ten pages of explanation you will know that it is you who slack and it is I who serve a higher cause which will not be explained for another seven hundred pages. Remember, I am a d'Anconia which goes without saying that I know what I am doing," he mocked. He was so perfect at mocking. No man mocked like Francisco. How she wanted to be back in his arms. Were it not for... no! He was a slacker! The very embodiment of slack yet... yet he slacked with purpose. Even that was perfect. No man slacked like Francisco.

And no one brought it like Rand.

No comments: