Thursday, December 25, 2008

The View and Evolution: Why Does Anyone Care?

Once again the view hits a new low, this time discussing evolution. What gets me about this isn't that the View hostesses know little about science. What gets me is why anyone would want to hear people who know so little about science talk about science? Who cares what Whoopi Goldberg thinks about evolution, much less Elizabeth Hasselbeck?

It is the ultimate sign of American anti-intellectualism that we (collectively) would rather listen to four dimwits talk about science than actual scientists.

3 comments:

Harriet said...

Here is the value (as I see it): frankly, those at The View represent far more people than people like you or the other science bloggers; it is sometimes useful to see how the non-technically educated people view these things.

Believe it or not, many, many see evolution as being "just a guess"; no more valid than any other guess.

It is sad but true; as far as I am concerned the latest Scientific American ought to be required reading for any college graduate.

Eldon Tyrell said...

Ahmen Brother, I totally agree with your post. The sad truth may be that the View viewpoints do indeed represent the majority of Americans. Keep up the fight! We are the true patriots!

ScienceAvenger said...

I realize many people think evolution is just a guess, but I have a harder time understanding how people can think that everyone's guess is equally valid. I guess I'll have to stare at my "Joe the Plumber" poster until it sinks in.